Medical Tour Information  
India Hospitals   Canada Hospitals   UK Hospitals   USA Hospitals Login
 

Medical Tourism

  Hospital Registration With Medical Tour Information  
Export Data
Doctor's Signup
Blood Registration
  Check Your Obesity
Diabetes Mellitus
FAQ On Medical Tourism
Make Money With Medical Tourism
  Medical Tourism and Insurance
Planning Medical Vacation
Pre Traveling Tips
Worlds Top Medical Tourism Hospitals
  Get your own website! >> Request a free quote!
 

Baylor Med Ctr At Grapevine

, Grapevine Texas USA  
 
Details
Facilities
Update Hospital Details

 
Name Baylor Med Ctr At Grapevine
Address 1650 West College
 
Town Grapevine
State Texas
Country USA
Post Code 76051
Phone 817 481 1588
Fax
Email janeenbr@baylorhealth.edu
Website YES
Specialization Of   Baylor Med Ctr At Grapevine
Daibetes, Endocrinology
ENT
General Surgeon
Neuro Surgeon
Orthopedics
Paediatrics
Pain Management
Pulmonology
Urology
 
See Your Ad Here
For more details please email us at
admin@medicaltourinfo.com
About Baylor Med Ctr At Grapevine

** About Baylor Grapevine **
Baylor Regional Medical Center at Grapevine is a full-service, fully-accredited not-for-profit hospital serving residents in more than 20 cities throughout the Dallas/Fort Worth region. Focused on being the best place to give and receive safe, quality, compassionate health care, Baylor Grapevine works to lead the transformation of health care. The 256-bed hospital offers advanced medical services for cardiovascular services, womenís services, diagnostic imaging, neonatal intensive care, sleep disorders, intensive and emergency care.

Founded as a Christian ministry of healing, Baylor Health Care System exists to serve all people through exemplary health care, education, research and community service. Baylor Grapevine has a rich history of providing safe, quality, compassionate health care to each and every one of the communities we serve.

What We Believe

Integrity. Servanthood. Quality. Innovation. Stewardship. The Baylor Health Care System Values are the driving force behind every action, and should be evident in everything we do.

* Integrity. Conducting ourselves in an ethical and respectful manner

* Servanthood. Serving with an attitude of unselfish concern

* Quality. Meeting the needs and striving to exceed the expectations of those
we serve through continuous improvement.

* Innovation. Constantly exploring, studying and researching new concepts and
opportunities.

* Stewardship. Managing resources entrusted to us in a responsible manner.

** Our Vision **
To be trusted as the best place to give and receive safe, quality, compassionate health care.
 
History Of Baylor Med Ctr At Grapevine

** History **
* 1953
The Lancasters Open A Small Hospital

Grapevine was a small Texas community in 1953 when Drs. Ed and Minnie Lee Lancaster opened Grapevine Clinic and Hospital, the forerunner of the hospital that was to become Baylor Medical Center at Grapevine. The six-bed facility provided patients with general care, low-risk surgeries, obstetrics and 24-hour emergency service.

* 1960
The Ann B. Lancaster Memorial Foundation

In 1960, Dr. Carlton D. Pittard joined the Lancasters at Grapevine Clinic and Hospital. Together they established the Ann B. Lancaster Memorial Foundation, which was named in honor of Dr. Ed Lancasterís mother.

* 1967
The Foundation Builds A New Hospital With A New Name

The Ann B. Lancaster Memorial Foundation opened a new 30,000 square foot clinic/hospital, the Grapevine Memorial Hospital and Clinic, on the present College Street location. It contained 25 beds, radiology facilities, a laboratory, physical therapy, a medial records library, and a delivery/surgical suite, as well as a six-bed nursery. A clinic with space for five physicians and three dentists was part of the new facility.

* 1974
The Watson Wing

In 1974, The Watson Wing opened, named for donor Clara Stewart Watson. The addition gave the hospital a bed capacity of 55, with structural capacity to accommodate six additional stories. Twenty years after the Lancasters had opened their original small hospital, Grapevine Memorial Hospital was serving not only Grapevine, but also many communities in the surrounding area.

* 1981
Grapevine Joins Baylor

In September 1981, Grapevine Memorial Hospital became part of Baylor Health Care System and acquired a new name: Baylor Medical Center at Grapevine. Under terms of the agreement, the local hospital board remained intact and continued to oversee routine administrative decisions of the hospital operation.

A 55-bed facility when it became affiliated with Baylor, the hospital quickly began to expand its physical structure as well as increase its services and staff. Within months of joining Baylor, the hospital had new specialist on staff, new equipment, remodeled expanded facilities, and the beginnings of a new Medical Plaza.

* 1983
A New Intensive Care Unit Opens

Until 1983, Grapevine Medical Center had only a temporary Intensive Care Unit (ICU) in a two-bed room. Consequently, patients often had to be transferred to other hospitals because of lack of space. In October 1983, a donation from a Coppell couple, John and Mary Johnson, helped the hospital open a new ICU.

Grapevine Medical Plaza Attracts Specialists

In December of 1983, Grapevine Medical Center celebrated the completion of the Grapevine Medical Plaza. Built by Baylor Health Care System, the two-story, $2.2 million professional building included spaces for 12 doctors and a day surgery unit. It was structured so that five additional floors could be added as necessary.

* 1987
New Patient Tower Doubles Size of Hospital

In 1985, groundbreaking ceremonies launched a $13 million expansion project for the medical center. On February 15, 1987, Baylor Medical Center at Grapevine dedicated its new four-story patient care tower. The tower expanded the capacity of the hospital to 104 beds. The project also included new operating rooms, a new emergency department, an intensive care coronary unit, and a new labor and delivery area.

* 1995
Population Boom Spurs More Expansion

The story of Baylor Grapevine is one of continuing growth, but never has the growth been so dramatic as in the past decade. The population boom in Northeast Tarrant County, particularly among younger families, spurred the hospital to expand in order to meet the health care needs of this growing population.

In 1995, the hospital broke ground on a new $17.7 million facility to add outpatient services, expand emergency services, create a womenís center, and provide a new intensive care unit.

* 1997
Cecilia Cunningham Box Womenís Center

During July 1997, 101 babies were delivered at Baylor Medical Center at Grapevine, breaking the hospitalís record for the number of births in a single month. Hospital officials expected that this record would too soon be broken. They had recognized five years earlier a boom in the population of young families in Northeast Tarrant County and they began planning a womenís center. Three months after the record-breaking number of births, the new womenís center was open. Named after benefactor Cecelia Cunningham Box, the center provided spacious new facilities for labor and delivery and other womenís services along with advanced technology.

* 1998
Baylor Therapy Center

Baylor Grapevine opened the Baylor Therapy Center in October 1998. The Center combined all outpatient physical rehabilitation, occupational therapy, and aquatic therapy in one location.

* 1999
Baylor Grapevine Becomes Kidney Transplant Center

Baylor Grapevine began its kidney transplant program in 1999 under the auspices of the transplant program at Baylor University Medical Center in Dallas. By December 2001, transplant surgeons at Baylor Grapevine had performed 100 kidney transplants.

Cardiac Rehab Unit Opens

Baylor Grapevineís new cardiac rehab program is designed to help patients return to everyday activities following cardiac surgery. The program features monitored exercises programs as well as diet, stress management and relationship classes.

Seriously Ill Infants Treated In Grapevine

In 1999, Baylor Grapevine expanded services for premature and seriously ill newborns so that many who would previously have been transferred to other facilities could remain in Grapevine

* 2001
A New MRI

In September 2001, a new magnetic resonance imaging (MIR) system at Baylor Grapevine expanded the diagnostic capabilities for cardiovascular and neurology.

* 2003
Ed and Minnie Lee Lancaster Patient Tower is Constructed

The phenomenal growth that has characterized Baylor Grapevine throughout its history continued in 2003 with the completion of a new six-story patient tower, a two-story lab building and a partial basement. The $51 million project nearly doubled the number of licensed patient beds at the medical center.

The patient tower is named after Drs. Ed and Minnie Lee Lancaster who donated $2 million toward the construction of the project. Since 1953, when the couple opened a small clinic in Grapevine that was to become the precursor to Baylor Regional Medical Center at Grapevine, the Lancasters have been strong supporters of the medical center.
Back To List
Pioneers
Open heart surgery
Cosmetic surgery
Eye surgery
Orthopedic surgery
Dental care
Countries in
Medical Tourism
India
Thailand
South Africa
Search Hospitals
Canada
UK
USA
India
News
Dr. Bradley Leonard
Articles
Early antibiotics for
Government to invest 250
Peripheral Vascular
Jobs
Graduate Nurse/RN
RN - CLINICAL COORD./SURG
MEDICAL ASSISTANT - PHYSI
Physician
Neurology
More Jobs
Request A Free Quote!  
* User Name :
* Company Name :
* Contact No. :
* City :
* Country :
* E-mail Address :
Website URL (If Any) :
* Project Details :